Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Ed-u-ma-cated!




Hello to all of you out in the Blog World. I am VERRRRY happy to tell you that I graduated Friday with my Masters Degree in Biology Education. It has been a very long and tedious road to say the least. Through all of the bumps and bruises, I have been confident that Heavenly Father would see me through them. Examples of those lovely bumps include: (1) having a gimp arm after the tornado (2) having class at 3:30 but being in school at EHS til 5:20 after the tornado (3) having another gimp arm the next Jan (3) them telling me that there was NO WAY for me to finish on time (4) the day before graduation telling me that I could not graduate b/c I had not taken some stupid test after they already gave me documentation in writing that I was done.... Yay for Troy University! *insert sarcasm here* But I am beyond proud that I am now more educated on paper and can earn more dough for our growing family. There are more degrees that exist over and above mine, however, it would take a miracle and a half for me to attempt to go back again.




Now graduation itsself was an interesting extravaganza for sure. There were a total of 678 graduates all total that walked. They lined us up by first= associates second= bachelors THENNNN masters. So roughly estimating I graduated 600th in that ginormous line of people. Had it not been for the fact that there were hall monitor-type people, it is incredibly feasible that I would have started blogging during the ceremony about how long it was. But seriously though I was impressed that it started at 10:30 and was over by 1:00. They pretty much told us to run across the stage. I have more pictures but these will have to suffice you for now.




5 people love me:

Kristy said...

Congrats, It must feel great! Sorry I have been MIA, I have been feeling really crapy, due to my new developments, if you know what I mean. Let me know if you are still getting together, I would love to have a break.

Kira =] said...

Yay!!!!!! and I'm very proud of you for getting through all of it while still dealing with life. I love you!!

And sounds like it's almost time to Par-tay!!! =]

the happy thomas family said...

congratulations! we so need to get together and have a party! i know that kira can't due it saturday, but maybe next weekend??? love you!

Crystal said...

Congrats!

The Phipps said...

Congrats!!!