Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My precious Mylee-Ann Montana..


I really need as many prayers as possible to go up in the sky for my baby girl today. For the last week, Mylee-Ann has been having stomach issues and would vomit once a day. I was concerned about her lack of weight gain 2 weeks ago and took her to the Vet here in town. Instead of checking her, they simply gave me the Inquisition about what, when, and how I feed her. Otherwise stated they blamed me for her size. Since she has been her natural bubbly self, I really did not suspect anything major.

Two days ago I had the breeder, Jeremy, come and check her out. He said "she is kinda small but looks awesome overall". Just to be safe he said to take her over to Ozark to the Vet where his dogs go. I called and made an appointment having absolutely no earthly idea what would happen next.

We took her back to see Dr. Deloney and he palpated her tummy for about 10 seconds. Next were the words that I hadn't expected... "Okay we need to rush her to the surgery table if we even have a shot at saving her." What?! Twenty minutes earlier she had been running around the house with Aiden playing?!

I knew that Weimerainers were prone to tummy issues, but I was told it started when they were 6 months. Mylee-Ann is only 4 months this week. So they found out that her entire small intestine had looped over top of itsself a total of 3 times. They had to remove 12 inches of her bowels before closing her back up. The Vet said that she had this problem quite a while ago which frustrates me that the other Vet just questioned me instead of checking out my precious girl.

As of this morning, they said that she still had the I.V. in her arm and that she kept down a smidge of wet food. The Vet said "she looks good but do know that she could go downhill fast at any time". I never knew how much a dog would affect my life until she is not here and I picture her lying in a kennel chewing her I.V. out (which they said she's done 3 times).

PLEASE send up as many prayers as possible for my beloved little baby this week. I am miserable. Aiden and myself are lying on the couch missing our best friend.


2 people love me:

the happy thomas family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the happy thomas family said...

brian and i completely understand what you are experiencing, crystal. we know with all our hearts just how special these sweet spirits can be.

you and your family are (always) in our thoughts and prayers. we love you.